Mumbai-
I am just an ordinary boy in the extraordinary city of Mumbai. Being born and brought up here, I have seen and accustomed myself to the ways of life here. I am used to the dust, the corruption the fights, the jokes, the love that this city has given me...
This city is 'EXTREME', swinging between the two points of an endlessly working pendulum which has no stop in the middle.Maybe that's why every Mumbaikar is proud to call themselves a Mumbaikar. Even when they aren't in Mumbai, if someone speaks about this city, their face lightens up and memories come back... 'The City Of Dreams', that's what outsiders call Mumbai and they have all the right reasons to call it so because this city has fulfilled millions of dreams of people. In Mumbai Life changes in a blink of an eye.
This city is 'EXTREME', swinging between the two points of an endlessly working pendulum which has no stop in the middle.Maybe that's why every Mumbaikar is proud to call themselves a Mumbaikar. Even when they aren't in Mumbai, if someone speaks about this city, their face lightens up and memories come back... 'The City Of Dreams', that's what outsiders call Mumbai and they have all the right reasons to call it so because this city has fulfilled millions of dreams of people. In Mumbai Life changes in a blink of an eye.
This city has EVERYTHING! One moment you are blissfully basking in the Grandeur of your childhood and the next, It's all gone. Leaving you empty but for the memories. One moment you are with the mates of your school shouting loudly over a Football game and the next, cursing over a stock market crash. In the monsoons, the city manages to get even more mesmerizing. Sitting at home with friends and family, having a nice laugh while having hot and fresh Pakodas and enjoying the heavy rain outside is the dream that I live. The rains bring around gloomy days, but are a huge relief after the hot Summer! Here, the rains are a sign of happiness for everyone and are welcomed with open arms and huge smiles. Getting drenched in the first heavy downpour while walking home with friends, having hot Samosa's while getting wet in the rain, etc. are a few scenes that create memories worth cherishing. Screaming way too loudly with your head outside your car in the rains is one thing that no one can hate, if they do, the hate fun.
In the 16 years of my life, I've lived all of them in Mumbai, but still never managed to explore it entirely. In the fast life of this city, NO ONE has the time to stop, sit in one place and talk to friends or even neighbors, but the beauty of the people here is that no matter how busy they are, if you are in need they will come to help you. No matter in how much of a hurry they are, they will stop and let you cross the road first. Thousands of people migrate every single day to this city in hope of achieving something, being something, meeting someone, meeting the 'Stars', having a future, me? I just come here to breath the air, smile and be able to say " I'm home".
Fights, anger, joy, love, hatred, jokes, breakups, patchups, etc. are all weaved into the lives of every Mumbaikar, even mine. Maybe that's why I love it here, maybe that's why, whenever I go somewhere, I miss Mumbai because even amidst all this havoc and fast life of Mumbai, I managed to find my peace. People call it 'The City Of Dreams', I call it 'Home'... Life never slows down here, so if you want to be a Mumbaikar, you need to learn how to move on...
No comments:
Post a Comment