Monday, 13 May 2013

Being alone isn't always bad..

Sometimes it's good to be away from people, sometimes it's good to be alone because being alone saves you from the pains of the outside world where there is no humanity...being alone does not mean you are a loner or a nobody, it just means that the right people for you haven't come along yet and you don't deserve any less. Being alone gives you peace and a chance to shine alone. I prefer staying alone and being called a 'loner' rather than being with people I hate just for the sake of being 'Social'.

I chose my way of life. I fought for myself and parted with my so called 'friends' and no matter what others say, I don't regret one bit of it. All the people I know go out every day for lunch or movies or just to hang out, despite the fact that I am never invited (I wouldn't go even if I was), I manage to stay happy...

I was told that I get involved to much, get too close, give in too much, love too much, care too much and that, to quote the person, 'is terribly annoying!' I give too much because my parents taught me, "The more you give, the more you'll get", that isn't the case here. Maybe that's why people quit on me, leave and never come back. Little do they know, I don't care. If you try to change me, you ain't meant to be in my life, feel free to leave.

People often tease me and call me a 'loner' and label me as a 'sad soul', in exchange, I question them "I am not social and you are, I am happy, are you?" This usually ends the conversation and they walk away in shame. I know I'm right which is why I will keep fighting against every one who labels me in any way! 

Sure, there are times when I wish even I had someone to go out with or a huge friend circle and all that but I know that the few people I have will always be there for me, I can rely on them at even 2 a.m for help.Having lots of friends doesn't matter. How many of them will stand by your side no matter what in time of need? That is what matters. Ideally I'd rather have 10 friends who'll always stand by my side,rather than a 1000 friends who'll leave me in time of need....

Yes, there are times when I feel completely alone and lost,feel alone even in the most crowded areas because I have had ups and downs in life, lost loads of people on the way and gained a few but that doesn't make my life any less livable..
Yes I don't have crores of rupees in my bank,Yes I don't carry around thousands of rupees to waste or a phone worth 50-60,000. Yes I haven't had a hundred affairs and a thousand flings.  Yes I am sort of 'alone', yes I don't go out with friends much, yes I love books much more than people, yes I love the company of my dog more than any human company, but no I am not a 'loner' or 'unhappy' in any way because I am me, I don't try to be someone I'm not. I am not fake! I am the happiest anyone can ever be
I am not like all the 'cool' people. I am not a genius. I do get jealous when people get good marks, hot girlfriends, etc. I do wish that I too had a life like that. I always re-check whatever I post in my blog or on my FaceBook or on Instagram, for what? I am not sure about what I do. I make a million mistakes. It took me guts to even post this post! I may have written it a million times and deleted it without saving. I am not confident. I am insecure! I am half-minded about turning an anonymous blogger again. I don't want to reveal what I am good at because I know people hate me and they will put me down! Wherever I go, in whichever field, there are people way better at it than me and that discourages me. I have been crashed and burned by life! Every time I have a crush, I don't tell her. Why? Because I know she will hate me. I am not like everyone! There are days when I feel like just quitting everything and running away. But I can't because the adrenaline rush is for a few minutes or seconds and impulsive decisions are always a pain. I do make mistakes, I am not an 'idol' for anyone, I am not perfect, I am far from it. I maybe a lot of things, but I am not weak, I am not a person who can pushed around and if someone has a problem, they are welcome to leave.

I have been bullied, I am a mess! I will be. I don't ask for sympathy, I ask for equal status. I don't ask for pride, I ask for respect and I demand it! No one can deny me that. I have molded myself according to this world and gone in a shell. But i am coming out. For how long can they keep me down? Huh? There will be a day when they will be tired of putting me down, there will be a day when the people who despise me will regret it, there will be a day when their insults will be lost in roar of compliments and claps. There will be a day when I will get the respect I deserve. They put me down because I'm weak, I come up because I know they can't get stronger. I have come out of my shell, they do see my growing wrath, they fear it. I still think about what I post, but then again if someone has a problem with me, it's their problem. I will not go anonymous, I will not give up, I will not succumb. I will fight. I may not be the best writer, but I am good at it! Everyone who ever thought of me as a 'loser' will repent. For I, am like a spring, the harder you put down, the higher is my jump!

I'd rather be alone that with a group of people who try to change the person I am and make me go against my principles.

I stopped caring about what others say because I know, if its a compliment or an insult, it's fake. Neither triumph nor failure last forever, they are both traitors. I will not give in, I will not stop fighting. I will stand up to them one day and say,"I win.". I live the life I always wanted, happy, calm, peaceful and unlike most 'social' people, I don't wake up every morning with regrets, look at myself in the mirror, disgusted..

No comments:

Post a Comment