Today, I was asked to write something about my best friend..
So who is a 'best friend'? There are many people with more than 1 best friend and luckily, I'm one of them and fortunately, all my best friends are nuts. A best friend is a person who can make you smile in the darkest of times, can hug you for hours just to make you feel better, scolds you like a parent when you are sick and tortures you like an enemy on a daily basis, yet you manage to love them. A best friend isn't a person to whom you speak regularly, but even when you speak to them after a really long time, it's as if you never stopped. Someone who picks you up when you're down but also gets you back to the ground when you're busy celebrating your little victories. They are happier than you in your joy and sadder than you in your misery. They may be totally opposite of you, but still you love them more than anyone similar to you. I too have best friends who are exactly like that, scold me, torture me, irritate the crap out of me, yet, I love them. We fight a lot, but does that mean we aren't meant to be friends? I believe that "It doesn't matter how many times you fight, or how long you've known each other. What matters, is the fact that even in a short period you've come close and overcame every fight which was a hurdle in your way of happiness..."
You meet a random person through a mutual friend and instantly connect. You like the same things as them, laugh as they do on the same stupid crazy jokes that your mutual friend considers stupid. Before you even know it, you find a better friend in the stranger than in your mutual friend. It's not wrong to get closer to a stranger than your friend but you should remember to not exclude the mutual friend entirely. Suprisingly enough, all my closet friends are known to be via some mutual friend who excluded herself from us. I don't have regrets because once who were strangers are now my best friends. yes we all have issues, but we accept each other with them, that's what best friends are for, aren't they? Maybe that's why we are close. We are considered crazy but that's how we are. Crazy and happy!
When you walk your own paths and somehow cross paths with someone who walks with you and makes your rough journey easier by holding your hand in the dark by saying,"I'm scared", even though they know you are scared and they aren't.
A best friend isn't only a person who you can trust, but also the one person who overlooks all your faults and mistakes and give you another chance even if you don't deserve it because they see the potential in you to change and evolve.
The best part about having a best friend is that you are absolutely sure that never will never break your trust no matter what. Even a million fights can't shake the bond that you share with them. If, however the bond is broken by a tiny nudge, it's for you to understand that the person whom you consider your best friend, was never worth your time. I could talk about how this happens with everyone and even as teens their trust is shattered by people who didn't deserve to be trusted in the first place and how they blame themselves for it even though they are the victims not the evil-doers. An attack on the chest by a sworn enemy is much less painful than a betrayal by your best friend.
In 'The Man Of Steel', a character said,"Sometimes, you need to take the leap of faith first. The trust comes later" and I couldn't agree more. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. A best friend is a person who comes along as a stranger but renews your faith in trust and life, accepts your past and helps you make your present beautiful and future amazing! You too need to do your part by taking that leap of faith and being completely honest with the stranger who calls you their best friend. If the leap is successful, you know you have a person who'll be there forever, if it's not, you just need to wait for the person to come along who will be there forever, no matter what.
You have nothing to lose in the leap. If it's a success, You find a companion, If it fails, the person goes to back to being a stranger.
The thing about people is that they always need new things to gossip about so if your 'SECRET' is revealed, don't feel ashamed, it will be gone from the minds of everyone even before you know it. At the max, they'll laugh for a week,10 days, a month? Then? They'll get over it and so will you, all you need to do is, just go along... Going along this massacre is much easier when you have a best friend who says ' Chill bro, we'll pick on each of them later.. ' If someone makes you smile even when everyone else is laughing at you, they are your best friend. I read somewhere that," A best friend isn't a person who is only with you when you're sad, but they are also truly happy for you in your victory, even if they failed.."
Smart, stingy, lame, crazy, adorable, irritating, idiotic, amazing! These are the qualities your best friend must have.
Sometimes, things happen which are beyond your control. When you think you have your life sorted and figured out, destiny plays its card....We were alone before we met but destiny had something else in mind. We met, we spoke, we laughed, we cried, we fought, we parted to never meet again.
Walking on our own paths, we bumped into each other again, caught up on the old days, realized the stupidity and apologized. It's been a long time since that accidental meeting and we fight almost every day ever since but still I love her the most. I know if I let her go again, we will both be alone and as I promised, I won't let her be alone. No matter how much we want to kill each other, even as a stranger or enemy, I will be by her side. Always. Maybe that's why we are best friends. Maybe that's why we can't stay without each other, maybe that's why even out fights are full of love, maybe that's why we met again. Destiny is something I will forever be grateful to because if it weren't for destiny, I would've never been able to sum up the courage to apologize and tell her how much she means to me..
So who is a 'best friend'? There are many people with more than 1 best friend and luckily, I'm one of them and fortunately, all my best friends are nuts. A best friend is a person who can make you smile in the darkest of times, can hug you for hours just to make you feel better, scolds you like a parent when you are sick and tortures you like an enemy on a daily basis, yet you manage to love them. A best friend isn't a person to whom you speak regularly, but even when you speak to them after a really long time, it's as if you never stopped. Someone who picks you up when you're down but also gets you back to the ground when you're busy celebrating your little victories. They are happier than you in your joy and sadder than you in your misery. They may be totally opposite of you, but still you love them more than anyone similar to you. I too have best friends who are exactly like that, scold me, torture me, irritate the crap out of me, yet, I love them. We fight a lot, but does that mean we aren't meant to be friends? I believe that "It doesn't matter how many times you fight, or how long you've known each other. What matters, is the fact that even in a short period you've come close and overcame every fight which was a hurdle in your way of happiness..."
You meet a random person through a mutual friend and instantly connect. You like the same things as them, laugh as they do on the same stupid crazy jokes that your mutual friend considers stupid. Before you even know it, you find a better friend in the stranger than in your mutual friend. It's not wrong to get closer to a stranger than your friend but you should remember to not exclude the mutual friend entirely. Suprisingly enough, all my closet friends are known to be via some mutual friend who excluded herself from us. I don't have regrets because once who were strangers are now my best friends. yes we all have issues, but we accept each other with them, that's what best friends are for, aren't they? Maybe that's why we are close. We are considered crazy but that's how we are. Crazy and happy!
When you walk your own paths and somehow cross paths with someone who walks with you and makes your rough journey easier by holding your hand in the dark by saying,"I'm scared", even though they know you are scared and they aren't.
A best friend isn't only a person who you can trust, but also the one person who overlooks all your faults and mistakes and give you another chance even if you don't deserve it because they see the potential in you to change and evolve.
The best part about having a best friend is that you are absolutely sure that never will never break your trust no matter what. Even a million fights can't shake the bond that you share with them. If, however the bond is broken by a tiny nudge, it's for you to understand that the person whom you consider your best friend, was never worth your time. I could talk about how this happens with everyone and even as teens their trust is shattered by people who didn't deserve to be trusted in the first place and how they blame themselves for it even though they are the victims not the evil-doers. An attack on the chest by a sworn enemy is much less painful than a betrayal by your best friend.
In 'The Man Of Steel', a character said,"Sometimes, you need to take the leap of faith first. The trust comes later" and I couldn't agree more. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. A best friend is a person who comes along as a stranger but renews your faith in trust and life, accepts your past and helps you make your present beautiful and future amazing! You too need to do your part by taking that leap of faith and being completely honest with the stranger who calls you their best friend. If the leap is successful, you know you have a person who'll be there forever, if it's not, you just need to wait for the person to come along who will be there forever, no matter what.
You have nothing to lose in the leap. If it's a success, You find a companion, If it fails, the person goes to back to being a stranger.
The thing about people is that they always need new things to gossip about so if your 'SECRET' is revealed, don't feel ashamed, it will be gone from the minds of everyone even before you know it. At the max, they'll laugh for a week,10 days, a month? Then? They'll get over it and so will you, all you need to do is, just go along... Going along this massacre is much easier when you have a best friend who says ' Chill bro, we'll pick on each of them later.. ' If someone makes you smile even when everyone else is laughing at you, they are your best friend. I read somewhere that," A best friend isn't a person who is only with you when you're sad, but they are also truly happy for you in your victory, even if they failed.."
Smart, stingy, lame, crazy, adorable, irritating, idiotic, amazing! These are the qualities your best friend must have.
Sometimes, things happen which are beyond your control. When you think you have your life sorted and figured out, destiny plays its card....We were alone before we met but destiny had something else in mind. We met, we spoke, we laughed, we cried, we fought, we parted to never meet again.
Walking on our own paths, we bumped into each other again, caught up on the old days, realized the stupidity and apologized. It's been a long time since that accidental meeting and we fight almost every day ever since but still I love her the most. I know if I let her go again, we will both be alone and as I promised, I won't let her be alone. No matter how much we want to kill each other, even as a stranger or enemy, I will be by her side. Always. Maybe that's why we are best friends. Maybe that's why we can't stay without each other, maybe that's why even out fights are full of love, maybe that's why we met again. Destiny is something I will forever be grateful to because if it weren't for destiny, I would've never been able to sum up the courage to apologize and tell her how much she means to me..
No comments:
Post a Comment